The delightful swimming pool and lapa
Facilities at Kunene River Lodge
• Swimming Pool: In a secluded area of the grounds, our cool, clean swimming pool is set in a delightful lawn surrounded by luxuriant plants and trees. Here you can relax with a book on a lounger in the shade of a small lapa, get a tan on a lounger on the lawn, snooze in a hammock slung between trees - or even cool down with a swim.
• Restaurant: All meals are served on the deck overlooking the river, or inside, if it rains (rarely). Breakfast is self-service, Continental style or English (cooked to order), available between 07:30 and 09:00. Lunch and Dinner are available à la carte to Guests staying in the Deluxe Rooms or Rustic Chalets. Campers may also pre-book meals - subject to availability.
• Bar: Offering a wide range of wines, spirits and beers all day long.
• Deck: The Restaurant/Bar Deck overhanging the river is an excellent place to view birds while you breakfast, to spot wildlife in the river and on the banks during the day, to watch the spectacular sunset over the river with a drink or while you dine, or just to relax and slow down to the pace of the river gently flowing by.
• Lapa - Wi-Fi and Charging Points: Close to the Bar and Reception area, a small lapa overlooking the river, is equipped with comfy seats and provides access to the free wi-fi internet connection and charging points for electronic devices. Please remember, however, that Kunene River Lodge is located in an extremely remote area, so the internet service may not be quite up to the standard you would expect in a big city . . .