Overlooking the river, the comfy Lapa is equipped with Wi-Fi and Charging Points
Past News Items
• Room Facilities: In August 2012, floor-standing Fridges were installed in all the De-Luxe
Rooms, and mini-safes installed in both De-Luxe Rooms and the Rustic Chalets.
• Wi-Fi: Early 2012 saw the introduction of an upgraded internet connection and installation of free Wi-Fi for the use of Guests in the lapa near Reception which also has charging points for electronic equipment. However, please do not expect high-speed internet connection - the Lodge is extremely remote and cannot yet provide city-centre class comms!
• Electricity: During early 2012, Kunene River Lodge was finally connected to Namibia's National Electricity Grid, albeit only on a single phase, limited power line. This meant, at long last, that the air-conditioning units could be used beyond the hours the old generator was switched on. Nevertheless, the generator is still maintained and available for those occasions when storms or other circumstances cause grid power cuts.
• HAN Eco Award: Kunene River Lodge was awarded the Hospitality Association of Namibia's 3-flower Award for being eco-friendly only a few years after Pete and Hillary took it over, during which time they had carried out extensive refurbishments improvements and developments.
• Birding: Pete's enthusiasm for birding led to the discovery of the first Cinderella Waxbill nest in the wild, and a number of rare bird sightings - see the Activities -> Birding pages for more information.